Settings - Queues
Figure 7.1 Queues panel.
Queues allow to automatically distributes phone calls to a specific group of agents on the first come, first serve basis.
Using VoIPstudio Control Panel you can adjust maximum queue times, toggle whether callers are told their queue position and average wait time.
Here you can add a Queue or view and edit their settings.
To add a Queue click button shown as (1) in Figure 7.1 above and follow steps below:
General and Agent Settings
Figure 7.2 Queue window.
- Enter unique name.
- Number - Agents will use the following dial codes to login and log out of the queue:
- Log in -
#421 followed by queue number
- Log out -
#422 followed by queue number
- Prefix Caller ID with Queue name - If enabled Caller ID will be prefixed with queue name to help agents identify which queue a call is coming from.
- Select Inbound Numbers assigned to a queue.
- Language: British English, American English, Portuguese, Spanish.
- Music on Hold while callers wait for connection.
- IVR break out of menu - Allows call to break out of the Queue to the IVR specified by dialing
- Destination if no answer: Allows to send call to another queue, IVR or extension voice-mail.
- Allow caller to exit the queue by pressing
- Here you can set announcement played to the agent prior to connecting a call.
- Ring Strategy when calling available agents - see Ring Strategy sub-chapter below for details.
- Ring Time: How long to ring each agent before we consider it time out.
- Ignore busy agents: If enabled the system will not ring agents already on the call.
- Retry Time: The time it takes before the system rings an agent again, 0 seconds will ring the agent only once.
- Wrap up time: After a successful call, how many seconds to wait before sending a potentially free agent another call. Retry time + Wrap up time.
Caller and Members Settings
Figure 7.3 Queue window.
- Announcement played to the caller prior to joining the queue.
- Maximum number of callers allowed in the queue.
- The maximum number of seconds caller can wait in the queue. Value '0' means infinite time.
- If enabled allow callers to join the queue even when no agents are currently present.
- If enabled Caller ID will be prefixed with total wait time in minutes.
- Announce position of the caller in the queue.
- Announce average wait time in the queue.
- How often to announce position and/or wait time.
- Click to add users to the Queue
- Select users who should be members of this Queue, by marking the checkbox.
- By default users assigned to a queue are logged to it. With the set of icons nearby the user you are able to:
* icons display current status of the user: green logged-in, grey logged-out.
* with this icons you can manually log-in or log-out the user from the Queue.
* use arrows UP and down to modify the order of the user in the queue. (only apply on Queues with
memory hunt strategies)
* use the cross icon to remove user from the queue
12. Longest idle Agent first - when this option is selected regardless of Agent position in the list on the right call queuing system will ring the Agent who was idle for the longest period of time first. This applies to Hunt and Memory Hunt ring strategies.
Submit button to save settings.
Note: Once users are assigned to a Queue they are able to log-in and log-out from themselves from their dashboard, mobile app or softphone.
To edit a Queue click button shown as (1) in Figure 7.1 above.
Figure 7.4 Ring Strategies.
Diagram above illustrates Ring Strategies for an example Ring Group with users:
User B and
User C and Ring Time set to 5 seconds.